Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 17, 2006

More Holiday Fun!


This weekend, we got together with the Bowers side of the family and celebrated our Christmas together early. We got to spend lots of good quality time with everybody, especially Robyn's three kids, Mary Nan, Laura & J.J. Dane played so hard and managed to hold his own pretty well among all of the busy activity. I think that he and J.J. made a special bond this weekend. Dane seems to be a little confused, though, because he kept calling J.J. a baby, even though J.J. towers over him and outweighs him by about 10 pounds! It was really funny, though.



On Friday, we drove up to Paris, and were finally able to meet little Roselyn Spencer. I think that Dane made a really good impression on her, and he really thinks she's pretty! We had a great visit with Clint and Rachel, too. It was so great to see them for a little bit.



Saturday, back in Daingerfield, Robyn, Stefany and I took the kids up to visit with Santa Claus. They were all so cute, and of course, Mary Nan did not hesitate at all in telling Santa what was on her wish list..."A Cinderella trash can". No one cried, so the trip was a success, we think.







After our great Christmas with my family, we came back home Saturday night, so that we could be home for church and both the kids' and youth group Christmas parties today. We had a great time, and still managed to squeeze in a good Sunday afternoon nap! Lane was asked to be Santa at the little kids' party this afternoon, so I thought it was pretty funny that Dane cried when he sat in Lane's (Santa's) lap. I think that mainly he cried because another little kid was crying (which doesn't speak well for Lane's Santa skills). The photographer at church was able to get a pretty good picture of them together, but we don't have it yet. So, I've posted the not so good shot that I got.

Anyway, I hope that all of you will have a very joyous week and holiday season, and that all of God's richest blessings will be yours! Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Billie said...

I'm glad ya'll had a great visit with everyone. Lane, you were a great Santa! Great pictures. Dane looked like he had a great time. He is so cute! I can't wait to see ya'll on Christmas Day. See ya'll soon.

Pearson Family said...

Oh Ers...I miss you. Dane is such a cutie!!

Jodi said...

What fun Cousin Christmas pics! Good times. And I'm jealous because I haven't seen Roselyn yet!!!!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

That sounds like fun! I think I would cry too if Lane was my Santa-remember when he played the Hermit!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

We have decided that Dane is positive peer pressure for J.J. since he started crawling after we stayed at your house, and he really took off with his walking this during this past weekend, so thanks Dane! Fun, fun pictures and a great weekend!