Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 23, 2007

Dane and his big boy bed!

This was a very big day and night for us all. This afternoon, I put Dane's toddler bed together and disassembled his crib. Recently, I witnessed him hooking his foot over the top rail of his crib, so I knew that something had to be done soon. I had picked up a safety rail from Wal-Mart today, so once I figured out how it worked, we were in business. At first, I thought that there were two rails in the kit, but I was mistaken. So, rather than spend another $30 on another rail, I figured I would just position his bed in a corner up next to the wall, so he can't fall off that side. It was so much fun rearranging his room and letting him help me all along the way. Once we got everything put together, I showed Dane his new bed, and he practiced getting in and out of it and playing pee-pie through the mesh rail. After his bath tonight, all three of us played some more in there so that Dad could join in the fun, too. Dane was really good at climbing up on the side and hoisting himself over the rail onto the bed, but he was having some trouble getting back over and down. So, Lane and I moved the rail as far up the side toward the headboard as possible, so that he could have a little exit down by the foot of the bed. Well, that worked great for him getting down, but for some reason, he then thought he needed to climb up that way, too, which was difficult because there wasn't enough room for him to swing his leg up all the way. Eventually, he figured out that he can still go up the other way with ease. But in the meantime, as he tried to get up one time, he slipped and fell on his bottom and exclaimed, "Ah, man!!!" and then stormed out the door fussing! Lane made the comment that he looked just like his mother doing that. I didn't really know what he meant by that. He was just probably confused for a second or something!


So, I was worried that putting him to bed would be difficult, but I just kept our same routine and laid him down and walked out at around 8:45, and it's now 11:20, and we haven't heard a peep yet! So far, so good! He's always been such a good sleeper, for the most part, so hopefully this will be a smooth transition, too. That's all for now. Thank you, God, for my precious family, and the joy and love we share every day!

I love how proud he looks in this picture.

Playing Pee-Pie with me

7 comments:

Beck Boys said...

Sweet. Braxton loved when he moved from the crib to his big boy bed. He still loves his bed very much. I like that he can get up and go potty in the middle of the night if he needs to. Way to go Dane!

Anonymous said...

I am loving the new posts! I check often to see my sweet nephew. Some day we will make it back up to see you in Kilgore.

Pearson Family said...

LOVE the pillow case!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I love the CDR pillow case-starting him early aren't you?!?!

Maurine said...

I am so glad someone else says "pee-pie" instead of "peek-a-boo"! Clay always talks about me being strange for using that expression instead of the traditional one. Maybe he's the strange one! :)

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Way to go big guy! We sure are looking forward to seeing y'all soon!

*Kendra* said...

What a big boy! He did look proud up on his bed!