Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 02, 2007

VBS, a Cake Success, trying on Mom's shoes, and Two Sweet Friends

We have had a very busy last couple of weeks around here. We had our VBS at church last week, and it went great. Robyn and her three kids came and stayed for 3 of the 4 nights, so there were lots of great times around here. We had swim parties, ice cream and cake socials, and good times with Granna & Pa, too!




I know it may not seem like that big of an accomplishment to most, but I successfully baked a cake that actually did not collaspe on me. I had just about given up on making cakes, but this one stayed in one piece and didn't taste too shabby, either!




The rest of the pictures posted are just a little bit of everything. I caught Dane walking around in one of my high heels the other day and figured that might make pretty good blackmail material someday. I have to admit he is caught way more often in his daddy's boots, so it was quite a change to see the high heels come out!


The other day, I peeked in on Dane during one of his extra-long afternoon naps and found him like this. It's hard to catch him this still very often, so I thought I'd better jump at the opportunity to get some sweet nap pictures while I could. He is getting so big and it's sweet to capture these fleeting "babyish" moments from time to time.




Each Monday morning this summer, us moms at church have been trying to get together and let the kids play together on the playground. Today, it was pretty overcast, so it was just us and Holly & Winter. Winter is seven months older than Dane, so she does a great job of keeping up with Dane's things for him and keeping him in line. She's such a sweet little girl and a great friend for Dane. Holly & I caught them holding hands as we were leaving the church today, and I was lucky to get them to both look at the camera at the same time! We figure this shot will be pretty valuable in about 15 years!




On a side note, I'm helping put together an updated pictorial directory at church, and I've been taking everybody's pictures. Well, I thought I'd share our attempt at our own family picture so far. These may be the best we get (hopefully not, though)! I thought they were funny and really so typical of how Dane is most of the time now!

4 comments:

Pearson Family said...

Your cake sure looked pretty!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Lots of fun times! It's getting harder and harder to catch those baby moments, so they sure are sweet! Love y'all--Robyn

Holly Curry said...

That picture of Winter and Dane is so cute!! Winter was looking too and she said "There is Dane's Passie!" I thought that was funny. It is so good to have kids near that Winter can play with! Thanks for being such great friends.

Connor, Kaylee, Tripp, Thatcher, and Truett said...

Love all the pictures! Miss you!