Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Favorite Time of the Year!!

Finally, after waiting all year, it was the Christmas season and time to put up the Christmas tree and decorate the house! Well, I have to be truthful, it wasn't technically the Christmas season just yet. I, being the impatient Christmas loving person that I am, could not wait until the day after Thanksgiving to start the season's festivities! On Tuesday before Thanksgiving, I couldn't wait any longer, and I made a deal with Lane so that I could go ahead and start decorating. Was it a good deal, I'm sure you're wondering? Looking back, I'm beginning to doubt it, but, what's done is done, I suppose! Lane agreed to let us put the tree up on one condition...that I allow him to pick out a new tree topper. Apparently the one we already had did not suit his specific tastes. In his own words, it was just too classy and not nearly as flashy as a proper tree topper should be. So, we headed out to find the perfect topper. We headed first to Ellis Pottery in Longview, one of the neatest places in town. They have gobs of Christmas decor, and I was secretly hoping Lane would "settle" on something from there, but, deep down, I knew that they didn't carry anything tacky enough for him to pick. So, naturally, we headed on to Wal-Mart, where at first, Lane was discouraged and thought he wouldn't find anything there, either. He had originally been looking for a flashy star of some sort, but just as he was about to give up, he noticed this display of angel toppers. The words that caught his eye were "Fiber Optic Lights". So, he finally decided on the perfect angel for him, which was wearing a blue dress, had red hair and, earily, looked a lot like me in the face. He thought it was so funny and knew he'd found the one. He kept holding it up to me and asking people in the store who they thought it looked like. Anyway, needless to say, I was beginning to think our deal was getting worse and worse. So, yes, our pretty tree is adorned on top with that creepy angel, and Lane is thrilled! Oh, well, it was still worth it, and I have loved every day and night we've gotten to enjoy our holiday surroundings!
-
When we got home, Lane got the Christmas music going, and we sorted the ornaments and started in decorating. This was Sydni's first year to help decorate the tree, which was neat.




Dane is so proud of his ornaments and carefully chose just the right spot for each of them.










And, there she is - that angel. He looks so pleased.

The finished tree - oops, I "accidentally" cut the topper out of the picture!

Dane used the money he had made from the garage sale we had earlier in the month to purchase his own blue Christmas tree. We put it up in his bedroom, and he is so proud of it.

After church one Sunday, I just thought the kids looked so pretty, so we had a little photo shoot.




Taking time to hug the cat.


The next week, we got dressed up one night and took our official family Christmas pictures. As can be expected with little ones, it is definitely a challenge, but they turned out pretty good, considering.

I love the next two of them - they really do love each other so much, so I don't have to try too hard to get them to pose together, which is nice. I sure hope they always stay that way!


Our many attempts at a family picture.






And finally - the official 2009 Brown Family Christmas picture!
From our family to yours, we wish you a very Merry Christmas, and we pray that, in the coming year, you will enjoy God's blessings of hope and love in all you do.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Funny...in your offical picture...the angel is in there but her head is cut out of the picture!!! LOL!

Natalie said...

I like how Lane had several costume changes in order to create the perfect Brown family portrait!