Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Mardi Gras, Crazy Hair and a trip to Arkansas!

We have had an extremely busy last couple of weeks. We had so much fun at the Shreveport Mardi Gras parade two weeks ago. We went with several couples from church. It was downtown Shreveport by the river. We had so much fun catching beads and stuffed animals for Dane! He really made out pretty good with all of his bling!




In the driver's seat of a Firetruck




Look at all the loot!




Bling Bling!



Dane really wanted to take his Mardi Gras football to church the next morning.



As you can see, Dane's hair is getting pretty long. When it's fixed, it looks really cute, with all of his curls - but as you can see, he definitely got the gene from both Lane and me that mysteriously causes his hair to go absolutely nuts when he's sleeping. One morning this past week, we let Dane take his nap in our bed, and he woke up with an especially crazy head of hair. So, I had to capture the moment!








This past weekend, my mother, Robyn and her three kids, and Dane and I all travelled up to Harding to attend their annual Wings (Women in God's Service) conference. It was really great, and we all learned a lot, especially Dane and J.J., who have made a admirable commitment to attend this conference each year of their lives, so far. It was really fun to be together. We all piled up in Mama's new Explorer, so 4 out of the 7 available seats were filled with car seats. We weren't sure if we could pull it off, but we all packed pretty light and everybody fit just right and we were really quite comfortable. The kids were all so good on the ride there and back. While we were on campus at Harding, I let Dane run free out on the front lawn and followed him around to see where he would try to go. He knocked on some doors and climbed the steps to the administration building. I think he was trying to talk to someone in the admissions department and get a good word in early, so that they'll know that Harding is definitely one of his top picks for college so far.




Knock Knock Knock!



Up the steps of higher education

After we got back from Arkansas, we spent Saturday night at my parents' house and stayed to go to church with them Sunday morning. We got to get pictures of the kids all dressed up for church, which was also fun.



Anyway, I hope everyone is having a fantastic week!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love all the new pictures - especially the Mardi Gras one pics! He is so precious, and getting so big! We need to come see y'all.

Alison said...

I hate that I missed seeing you all. Apparently you all left just a few minutes before I got to Momma's. I did get to see the pictrues that Momma took of all of you. Maybe next time, I'll be able to see you!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

I love the pictures of them all together. I am glad Dane didn't get carried away at Mardi Gras. We sure enjoyed spending time with y'all tonight!