Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 11, 2007

Remember the Alamo!

This past weekend, Dane, my mom and I all went down to San Antonio to visit my brother and sister-in-law, Joe David and Stefany. We had so much fun, and it was great to get to be with them. To sum up the weekend quickly, we mainly ate very good food, very often! Dane loved playing the guitar (or "music", as he calls it) with his Uncle Joe David. Dane brought his own little ukelele with us because he had a feeling that Joe David would want to have a jam session with him. He fell in love with Joe David's big guitars, so much so, that we had to put them all away so he couldn't get to them.

Thankfully, there was not an NBA Finals game while we were down there. Joe David and Stefany are diehard Spurs fans, and I just don't think that I would have been up to watching a game. My heart is still so broken at the premature ending to our Mavs season, so we've kinda given up basketball until next season starts. Sorry Spurs fans, while I respect your team loyalty, I just can't find any reason to want to share in your excitement right now. In fact, I'd kinda like to see LeBron get a ring. Not so sure that's going to happen, though.


OK, back to the trip...and the yummy food!


Friday night, Stefany made a wonderful meal of Chicken Parmesan with bowtie pasta. It was wonderful. Then, we headed over to Marble Slab for a sweet treat, which we all enjoyed. Saturday, we shopped a while and thoroughly enjoyed Freebirds for lunch. Joe David and Stefany had their new living room furniture delivered after lunch, so it was lots of fun to get to be the first to get to sit on it with them!


Saturday night, we went to a good place called the Longhorn Cafe, where we enjoyed down home Texas fried food (Yummy!). Right after supper, Dane was getting a little antsy, so I walked him outside to look at a windmill in the parking lot. I set him down in some rocks, and he tripped and his hands fell on the top of a cactus plant in that flower bed. Needless to say, I felt terrible and so did he! He had those little fine bristles stuck in his hands, and we spent the next thirty minutes in the car on the way to the Alamo picking them out. He kept saying, "So sorry, so sorry - fingers hurts!" When he gets hurt, I always tell him, "I'm so sorry", and so now I think he thinks that "sorry" means he's hurt, so he says it, too! Anyway, I felt so bad for the little guy.


We were on our way for Dane's first trip to the Alamo, and he fell asleep in the car about 10 minutes before we got there, and he stayed sound asleep the whole time we were there. So, we had to take pictures, so that he would believe that he's actually been there!




We really enjoyed getting to go to church with Joe D. and Stefany Sunday morning, and Dane only had to be taken out once for about a minute! So exciting! We ended the wonderful trip with a little more wonderful food at La Madeleine.


It was a great weekend spent with such special people! Thanks, Joe David and Stefany, for a great time! We can't wait to see y'all again!

1 comment:

Pearson Family said...

YOUR NEW MUSIC IS HILARIOUS! Love the update, but the tunes...I thought to myself... is that Elvira?! You are so fun!