Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 01, 2007

Life at our house

I thought I would catch everybody up with what is going on around our place lately. Lane's summer schedule with the youth group is about to kick into high gear this next week, and will be that way until the end of July. He has a work camp next week, Uplift camp at Harding and also VBS in June. Then, we have another camp in Missouri, a mission trip, and taking kids to day camp in July. We are so excited about the summer, and we are so thankful for our wonderful church family and great group of kids here in Kilgore. Also, Lane just started an online Masters program through Harding University. He will begin his main coursework this Fall, but he's got a little May-mester course he's about to finish up now. I started off my college career at Harding and ended at A&M, and he started his at A&M and will finish up at Harding!

Anyway, whether he realizes it or not, I am so proud of him. I love getting to see him do what he truly loves for a living, and I'm so glad Dane and I get to be along for the ride, too!

Dane is getting so big and so grown up. He is really big into any kind of ball and has even written a song called "Baseball". It's just the word "baseball" over and over again, and he sings it as he plays his little guitar. He also likes to lead singing and talk about the Bible. There is a song that they sing in his Cradle Roll class about patting the Bible, and when you sing it, Dane really gets into it. The only problem is that the pounding he does on the Bible really is a far stretch from patting. So, we will have to work on that one, I guess. I haven't been very good about taking good pictures lately, but here are a few from the last couple of weeks. Dane really likes to put Lane's belts and ties around his neck and to wear our shoes. In this picture, he got all of his get-up on and said, "Bye, see ya later!" except it wasn't quite that clear.

My sweetie!

Answering the phone up at the church after playing hard on the playground

This is a new look...Swim diaper, a funnel for a hat and shoes. A simple and classic style!

Anyway, it's time for National Bingo Night on ABC, so I've got to go. I still haven't even printed out my Bingo cards yet! How will I ever win?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture with the cone on Dane's head! We can't wait for you to come and see us next weekend!

*Kendra* said...

I'm glad we got to see yall out at CDR!!! Dane is getting so big!!!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

He does have style--we are sure looking forward to seeing y'all in the next week or so. Hope work camp is going real good. Love y'all! Robyn