Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 20, 2007

Biscuinuts!


Last night, after church, Lane held his annual Fantasy Football League draft. It's way too big of a deal each year, in my opinion. Lane always has a huge conference call for about 2 or 3 hours. (Notice in the picture that my husband stole my side table to be used for extra desk space for the draft! Weird!) Well, Shayne, his brother, is in the league, so he came out with our nephew, Caleb, for the afternoon and evening. Caleb is 11 years old and lots and lots of fun. He and I had big plans to make our special culinary treat, Biscuinuts, during the draft! The last time he was at our house, I fixed those donuts made out of the cheapest bisquits, coated in a cinnamon/sugar mixture. They were, evidently, a big hit with him. So, he asked if we could make them and if I could write down the recipe for him. He also prides himself in the fact that he named them biscuinuts. So, we made a great batch and ate almost all of them. The rest, we wrapped up in foil for him to take home and share with the rest of his family. Billie, his mom, told me today that he couldn't wait to get her to try one this morning for breakfast. He's so funny!
So, here are the pictures to document our fun night, and also a couple of Dane while we were watching Cars. He was laying really funny, I thought!

3 comments:

Melissa Taylor said...

Mark always plays fantasy football too, and in my opinion it is ridiculous. I guess we have to let the husbands have some of the fun though! Boys are so weird.

Connor, Kaylee, Tripp, Thatcher, and Truett said...

Mmmmmm...those bisquinuts look delicious to this pregnant Momma :)

The Timberframer's Wife said...

We love Spanky! He's big for eight weeks! We're having cinnamon toast this morning, but reading your blog sure makes me want some biquinuts. Hey, we love y'all--have a great day! The Finchers