Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Look! I'm 1 Month Old! / 2nd Annual Biscuinut Showdown!

And, what a month it's been! Our girl Sydni turned one month old today. We had a great Sunday, and we were able to share it with Lane's parents, as well as his brother and nephews, which was nice. Sydni's doing so well. She's growing so much, she's eating well, and she's starting to focus her eyes more and more on specific objects. We've gotten little glimpses of her sweet smile, but we're still looking closely for her first "official" smile, where she is smiling in response to something. I can't wait! I put her down to bed a little while ago, and I just realized that I hadn't weighed her today, so I can't give an update on her growth stats. I'll try to get that all done tomorrow and document it then. So far, we're thrilled with her and are so glad that she's such a special part of our family!






Since the NFL season is fast approaching, Lane's Fantasy Football league held its draft tonight to officially kickoff the upcoming season. If you will recall from my post last August, I do not particularly care for this event, as it completely consumes Lane's time. So, Caleb, our nephew, and I decided last year to create a tradition of our own, when we prepared, named and ate our culinary specialty, Biscuinuts! Most of you will know them to be those wonderful homemade donuts made from the cheapest canned biscuits. Well, periodically, throughout the year, we have made them together, and we really do enjoy our time together, and we take great pride in our effort and the finished product. This year, we continued our tradition and broadened our biscuinut line. All year, we have toyed with the idea of filled biscuinuts, which posed to be a great challenge. We had our plan in place, and we were ready for the challenge and anxious to see the results of our ingeniuity. After Small Groups tonight, we quickly headed to Wal*Mart to purchase the necessary items, one of which was a food injector. Well, our endeavor was a grand success, we are happy to report. We made one batch of regular biscuinuts with holes in them, followed by a batch of blueberry, cherry, and vanilla pudding (our favorite, by far) filled biscuinuts! Our injector took some practice getting used to, but it ended up working fantastically, once we got the hang of it. Tyler, our other nephew, joined in the fun this year, too, so we think that the biscuinut craze we have started is definitely catching on like wildfire!










2 comments:

Billie said...

As always, I love the pictures!
I can't believe Sydni is already one month old.
She has grown so much already! Sydni is such a doll!
I see the Biscuinuts was a big success!
Caleb was thrilled about it!
Tyler looks like a mad scientist with that large needle, injecting that biscuinut!
Although, I thought the boys should of atleast brought me one vanilla filled biscuinut.
We have to plan to go see ya'll soon and have ya'll make another batch of Biscuinuts too.
Sorry, I missed out on all the fun!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

I could really go for a vanilla biscuinut right now! I love the one month pictures--she is beautiful, and we sure enjoyed getting to see y'all last week!