Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 04, 2008

Spiderman!/A Summer Rainstorm/Sleeping Beauty(ies)

Life with two kids is becoming more and more normal to us now. Sydni will be 3 weeks old on Thursday, and she's doing really well. She's only waking up once during the night, and she goes back to sleep fairly quickly, so she's being very nice to her parents so far! At her 2 week checkup last Thursday, she weighed in at 7 lbs. 11 oz., which is a 1 lb. 2 oz increase over her birth weight. She measured 20 1/4 inches, which is a 1 1/4 inch increase since birth. Her Dr. told me that she looks perfect, and I'm sure he knows what he's talking about, so I believe him!






Over this last week, we've spent a lot of time playing around the house. Dane and I made superhero masks one day, and that was lots of fun. Then, Wednesday night, we had a quick, hard thunderstorm, so Dane decided to cool off outside in the rain with his rain slicker and boots.









Over the weekend, we headed up to Paris, TX, to attend the wedding of our good friend, Julie Shelton (now Hays). It was good to see and catch up with some of our great friends from Deer Run, too. Rachel made Sydni the cutest onesie and matching receiving blanket, so I had to get a picture of them together. Thanks, Rachel!





We spent Friday night at the Holiday Inn in Paris, much to Dane's delight. After his trip to Harding with Lane this summer, Dane absolutely loves hotel rooms! Sometimes, he even refers to his bedroom as his hotel room. So, of course, he was thrilled with our accommodations. Saturday morning, Dane and I went to Denny's to eat breakfast, and we came back to find Lane and Sydni sleeping in until 10:00! Good girl, Sydni!



We're very glad to be back home, though. I think I'm more tired than I thought I would be.

3 comments:

Billie said...

Love the pictures!
Sydni is so adorable! I was amazed
how much she looks like Dane.
We enjoyed visiting ya'll.
I will have to bring my camera next time. We look forward to seeing ya again.
We miss ya'll!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

We are ready to see y'all in person!

Melissa Taylor said...

I cannot believe she only gets up once a night - you are so lucky. Your family is lovely.