Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 03, 2008

Daneisms!

There are very few moments in our day that we have a chance to wonder about what Dane might be thinking. We don't have to wonder...because he speaks all of his thoughts! Just kidding, kinda. He's quite the talker, and I just thought that I would share some of the conversations and phrases we have heard from him lately.

  • The other day, a commercial came on for Re-Bath, one of those converted bathtubs with a door on the side. Dane asked me what it was for, and I explained that they were for old people, since they fall down a lot in regular bathtubs. He then asked me if I was old, and I told him, "No way, I'm very young. Old people have white hair, and mine's still red." Then, he said, "The President has white hair." I was confused at first, since I really don't consider George Bush's hair white, more gray. Then, I realized who he was talking about, so I asked him what the President's name is, and he replied, "John McCain." I had to explain who the President really is, and that John McCain just wants to be President. I guess that's proof as to how much more attention is paid to the Presidential candidates compared to the actual President.
  • I guess Lane and I watch a lot of CNN because I think that Dane has a pretty good knowledge of political figures, parties and commentators. He knows who Anderson Cooper, Barack Obama and John McCain all are. One morning, he woke up and said, still half asleep, "I want to watch Anderson Cooper!" Weird! He also has asked me several times if we are Democrats or Republicans. Not to get too political, but I told him, "Hopefully, neither!"
  • When we ask him who he would pick to be President, John McCain or Barack Obama, he always says, "Barack Obama". So, last night, I asked him why, and he said that Barack Obama talks more." I guess that's true, not that I'd use that fact as a criterium for my vote, but I guess since Dane's a big talker, too, he finds that important in his candidate. And, let's not forget, Dane thinks John McCain is old.
  • Here's some of my favorite Dane phrases:
  • "Chill out!"
  • "Please, just for one little bitty minute, one at a time?!"
  • "That's a pretty sweet ride, right Dad?"
  • "That's pretty cool!"
  • "That's weird!"
  • "Hey, guys! Check out that..fill in the blank (today, he wanted my mom and I to check out a gas station, but it could be anything)

Now, as for his accent, I'm afraid he has one of the thickest East Texas accents I've ever heard around any of our family. He's got some really weird pronunciations for a few words that never fail to crack us up. Here's a couple of our favorites:

Wal-Mart is pronounced "War-Mart" (that one's my favorite, I think)

Motorcycle is pronounced "Murtercycle", which I hear very frequently in the phrase, "Hey, Starscream (me), check out that murtercycle!"

Oh, I love him! He's so great!

1 comment:

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Yes, he is weird, but I can say that since he has weird cousins, but they are all weird in good way. Mainly, though, he's just pretty wonderful!