Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 17, 2008

Sydni's Three Months Old

It's that time again! Another month has passed, and it has been such a great month. Sydni continues to grow and develop, and we are so very thankful how God is taking care of us. At the beginning of October, I started back working two mornings a week in the church office, and that is going well so far. Our gameplan on those days has been for me to take Sydni with me to the office when I go in at 8:00, and Lane brings Dane in with him when he comes in a little later. Sydni has really caught on quickly to all of the office work. Since I work on Thursdays and Fridays, we get to finalize and print out the weekly church bulletin, which keeps us really busy. So, she has now mastered the following office equipment and skills: computer, email, Power Point, church webpage posting, printer, copier, fax machine, Risograph duplicator machine, folding machine, and basic business telephone etiquette. I don't know what I would do without her help! No, she mainly just relaxes and watches me, eats her bottle or sleeps in her carseat, but she does that great, too!




At two months



And at one month

This month, one of the GREATEST firsts has happened for Sydni (and us) - she has been sleeping completely through the night for the last three weeks or so. After 7:00 each night, we try to feed her as often and as much as she will eat, and then she's ready to go down for the night about 10:00, and she typically sleeps until about 7:00 or 7:30 in the morning. And, on top of that, Dane has finally started sleeping in his own bed all night long this month! He used to do fine, but he had been sleeping part or all night with Lane and me for the last year. That is a big deal for him, and he's doing great, and we're in a good routine right now, I think. So, evenings are actually fairly orderly and back to normal for our family now (cross our fingers!)

Sydni is also doing very well with her tummy time. She is very close to rolling over from tummy to back, so hopefully I can report that accomplishment next month.

This month, she also started sitting very well in her Bumbo seat. This past Sunday morning, when I dropped her off at her class, I told her teachers that she might be ready to sit in a Bumbo during class, instead of the bouncy seat. So, I put her in one and left for my class, fully expecting that she would be in the bouncy seat or being held when I returned to pick her up. It immediately cracked me up when I returned to see her exactly where I left her! She's so little in that seat, and she has no neck, so she kinda looked like Yoda sitting in it (in a dress and with a hairbow, of course). So cute!


Her language skills continue to develop, and she can say all of her vowel sounds, as well as the "g" consonant sound. So, we have lots of sweet conversations. She's not laughing just yet, but hopefully soon. I can't wait to hear the laugh that goes with that sweet smile!

She's still steadily losing her hair, but it is looking like it just might be red. We'll just have to wait and see, though. Who knows!




We had a great day today with the Fincher cousins, Mary Nan, Laura and J.J. They had spent the night with Granna and Pa last night, so they headed our way this morning, and once I got home from work, we ate lunch and headed to Tyler to the Caldwell Zoo, which is always fun! I took tons of pictures, but I just picked a couple of the kids to post on the blog. Have a great weekend, and enjoy the wonderful Fall weather. I know we will... we're headed to Dallas to spend the weekend with Shayne, Billie, Tyler and Caleb, and we're going to a Mavs preseason game and the Great State Fair of Texas with them.

GO MAVS!

4 comments:

Stefany said...

Love all the bows, especially the stick-on red one! Can't wait to see her!

Melissa Taylor said...

She doesn't look like she misses many meals! What a cutie.

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Why do our kids look every way but at the camera? Anyhow, they sure had fun with y'all! Can't wait to see y'all soon!

AliciaG said...

What sweet little ones you have. I hope they are not fully grown and moved away from home before I get to see them in person. But for now, the blog helps to keep me in the loop. Thanks for allowing us a window into your lives.
Hugs!