Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 26, 2009

Check Out These Mad Skills!


A few weeks ago, while my mom was here spending a couple of nights while Lane was out of town, she and Dane played a little one on one basketball in his room.

For those of you who don't know, my mother loves basketball and once starred (pretty sure that part's not true) on a vicious half-court Class B high school basketball team in rural Southwest Arkansas - The Blevins Hornets. I know that you've all heard great tales of that team. The only thing that really kept her from dominating was her struggle to keep her asthma medicine from falling out of her shorts pocket!
Anyway, she showed Dane how he could slam dunk by jumping off the edge of his bed over to his basketball goal. That sounds like a normal grandmotherly thing to teach your grandson, doesn't it? Actually, these are the things that I love to see him getting to share with her because it reminds me so much of me, Robyn and Joe David running and sliding through our Grandmama's legs on her slippery kitchen floor. These are the precious, happy moments that grandkids always remember!
As I'm sure you can imagine, he loves his new trick. So, in honor of NBA All-Star Weekend coming up in a couple of weeks, we had our very own slam dunk championship tonight.
Enjoy the pictures - I think I'm going to get a couple of these enlarged as posters for his room and for Lane's office. It was really fun! The energy and enthusiasm of a 3 year old boy is truly a wonder to behold!

Sweet jump shot!

That's right, a two-ball dunk.


High above the rim!


Look at that tongue! Reminds me of another great dunker.


I love his perfect hand form!


Swish!


Time for bed!

3 comments:

The Timberframer's Wife said...

I am so impressed and always utterly amazed how that basketball gene TOTALLY got everyone but me. Especially with our mother (and her mother) being the force she was. And why didn't you mention in your post that Blevins was the 1982 Arkansas Class B state basketball champions? That was probably the direct result of the formative years Mama had spend on the girls' team a decade previously and the inspirational sports banquet entertainment of the '70's and early '80's.

Lisa Hanna said...

Hello, found your blog from Facebook. Your kids are so cute! Love the basketball pics. I try to keep my blog updated--but don't do quite as well as I should. we have 2, with one on the way--life is crazy!

*Kendra* said...

Fun pictures! Your kids are so cute!