Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 19, 2009

Sydni's First Half-Birthday!















Saturday, Sydni turned 6 months old. We were on our way back from our vacation to New Mexico then, so we didn't take her official pictures until today, once we were all rested and recovered from the long trip!

This month, Sydni has continued to grow and can do many new things. She cut her second tooth on Dec. 18th, so she now has her two cute bottom teeth. It's amazing how bad it hurts when she bites down on your finger, even without the top teeth being there yet. I'm sure it will really hurt once the top ones come through.

She is eating her baby food very well, and we are in the process of introducing new flavors to her. So far, her favorites are squash, sweet potatoes, pears and applesauce. We tried sweet peas today, and she liked them pretty well, too. She does not like carrots, green beans or prunes. However, on vacation this past week, I smashed up some green beans that I fixed for dinner one night, and she ate about ten of those, so I guess she just needs a little more flavor to them. We also went with my mom to Red Lobster for lunch a couple of weeks ago, and she was content to sit in the high chair the whole time as long as I kept giving her bits of garlic cheese biscuits! Yummy!
She is now sitting up by herself pretty well. Of course, she still tumbles over some when she reaches for things, especially if she's got one of her thumbs in her mouth! Speaking of that, it is really funny to feed her now, because as soon as the spoon comes out of her mouth, her thumb goes in until the next bite is ready.
Her personality is so sweet, and she is just so pleasant to be around. She doesn't cry much, but when she does, her little face just looks completely heartbroken. I love how much she smiles, and I love that she smiles so easily.
All in all, it has been a great month, and we are so proud that she is our little girl.

3 comments:

jaymie said...

i think something magic happens to babies at 6 months. it seems like the big switch from the newborn infant stage to a big kid. She is so cute and I still can't believe i haven't seen her since julie's wedding. once mine can get out of the house I AM COMING TO SEE Y"ALL!!!

Lindsay said...

Man she is beautiful. I can't quite figure out who she looks more like, you or Lane... I don't see any red hair, so that is a tad disappointing...I'll keep hoping! Miss you guys, come to town and see us soon!

Alison said...

She is adorable in these pictures! I'm all about the bows!