Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 11, 2009

My Entrepreneurial Future is Looking So, So Bright!

It's been really hard for me to understand why people aren't willing to pay $100+ for hair bows?! Apparently, I am grossly out of touch with the pricing and supply/demand structure for hair bows and accessories.

Just kidding! I recently learned how to make Sydni's hair bows, and since I usually have leftover ribbon and extra accessories, I thought that I would try to sell them, too. The good news is, I've had two sales...the bad news is that, after the EBay listing fees and shipping costs, Lane and I figured out that I am paying people to buy my bows. Very disheartening!

Anyway, I made a website, too, and I thought that I would share it with everybody, in case you or anyone you know, are ever in need a hair bow for your little girl. Like I said, I'm just starting out, and my inventory is a bit limited, but I hope to add more to the website as I go along.

So, please spread the word. My website is http://www.bowsformysweetgirl.com/. I'm sure things will turn around soon, and my business future will be bright!

Here's a few pictures...





4 comments:

Billie said...

What a great idea! I love the hair bows!! There so cute! I hope your business does well.. Maybe down the future when Tyler settles down and has a daughter. I know where to order them! I am not hoping for it anytime soon. LOL! Good Luck! We miss ya'll.

The Timberframer's Wife said...

They are so pretty! I bet they take off!

AliciaG said...

Mary, these are beautiful, but you are not charging near enough for them. There is a lady in our school who makes bows for her daughters and she charges at least $6.00/bow depending on how much ribbon she uses. You might think of uping your prices a bit. I think they would sell for at least $5.00 each. Good luck on your venture!

*Kendra* said...

The bows are awesome. I've even paid $12 for a bow one time! I think you could charge more too. Get a big stock and go to craft shows....