Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 22, 2007

Dane's 2nd Birthday Party!

Well, it's very hard to believe that it's already time to have another birthday party for Dane! His birthday is not actually until Thursday, the 25th, but it was most convenient for us to have his party this past Saturday. There was no question that Dane wanted a Cars themed party. I had taken him to the party supply store a few weeks back, and he saw the Cars stuff and said, "Mater!!!". That's one of the characters in the movie that he loves, so I knew it would be a hit!
We had a lot of people from church as well as some of our family come, and we had fun and opened presents and ate cake and ice cream and then ate stuffed baked potatoes, and then played with all of the presents Dane got for a while. I will say this...a 2 year old party is a whole lot livelier than a 1 year old party, but it was lots and lots of fun, too!
Here are some pictures from our fun day...


Dane made sure that he had on proper headgear for opening presents! He insisted on wearing his bike helmet for a lot of the party.

Trying to pry open the packaging to this car! He told me, "Mom, I need scissors!" For some reason, that's a new and often request with him lately. Not sure where he learned about scissors - I guess Sunday school?

Nana & Pa Pa came through big-time with this full A&M football uniform, complete with helmet, shoulder pads, jersey and pants! Dane immediately switched over to wear his new helmet, shoulder pads and jersey for the remainder of the party.

As usual, my mom went above and beyond on the birthday cake. Thanks for the great cake, Granna!


Growing up, it never occurred to me to ask if I could blow out the birthday candles over and over again. For some reason, I thought we should keep on relighting the candle to let Dane get the hang of it. It was lots of fun. I think I blew it out the first time, then Lane the second time, and the third time, Dane really blew it out all on his own! That was really exciting!


Enjoying eating some good cake and ice cream!

1 comment:

Joanna Ashlock said...

That is such an awesome cake!! Nathan did a Cars birthday for his 5th and we had a cookie cake. I got it from Great American cookies in the mall, and the lady did a great job putting Lightning McQueen on the cookie. But, it doesn't stand up to your mom's cake!!

My boys were in here while I was catching up on your blog. They were getting a real kick out of Dane's pictures. They were laughing at his outfits. :-) Everytime I'd scroll to another picture, they say, "Aahhh" and laugh!

Happy Birthday Dane!!