Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A Picture Perfect Family!



Wow - what a day! We were really hoping to get our Christmas card picture taken tonight, but this is the best that we could do! Maybe we can get a better shot tomorrow, but if not, I guess we'll just have to be happy with this one. And maybe Sydni will wake up and actually be in the next picture attempt.

Just prior to taking this picture, while I was sanding the walls, Lane and I found Dane in Lane's bathroom putting hair wax in his hair to spike it, and he was putting on deodorant because he said that he stunk. So, we thought that, since all three of us looked our best tonight, that we'd better take advantage of the opportunity to get a good family photo. Sydni is probably glad that she missed it!

OK - now for the explanation - I am in the process of painting the wood paneling in our living room this week, and today was the nastiest day of all. I finished filling in the cracks with spackle (or cracking, as Dane calls it), and I was ready to sand all of the walls to make sure that they're smooth before priming, texturing and painting them. I knew that the sanding would be the messiest step, so I made sure that I had all of the walls completely "cracked" before starting the sanding process. Man, by the time I finished sanding them, I know that I had dust in every inch of the entire house. The living room is in the center of the house, so naturally, the dust spread in all directions of the house. Wonderful - so it is now 3:00 a.m., and I just finished mopping and scrubbing all of the floors so that tomorrow won't be quite as nasty. Wish me luck - I'm getting really ready to get this over with! Here's some pictures post-sanding/pre-mopping. I'll have to post some after photos once I finish later this week.

2 comments:

The Timberframer's Wife said...

I say let that be your Christmas card picture. Not really. Mama told me about the hair wax/deodorant episode at lunch--reminds me of Mary Nan's eternal Vaseline in her hair a few years back. Love y'all!

AliciaG said...

Oh, Mary, I certainly don't envy you of that job...the "crackling" and sanding are the pits. But it will be worth it when you get it all finished!