Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sydni's Five Months Old Today

Five months already?!! Wow, that went fast!

Look at that smile!
















Today, our sweet girl is five months old. This month, Sydni has grown so much and has achieved so much. This time last month, she was able to roll from tummy to back, but would then get stuck on her back, which she hated. Well, I'm happy to report that she can now roll both ways, so she's very happy about that, and I am, too, because she doesn't wake up in the middle of the night anymore from getting stuck. On top of that, she also has started to sit up some. She is pretty inconsistent on this skill as yet, but she is getting stronger and more coordinated every day.
The latest and greatest news in her life was the appearance of her first tooth on Monday. So, she was 4 months 28 days old to cut her first tooth. Dane was 4 months 3 days, so it was no surprise that she also is an early teether. Monday morning, when I went in to get her, she was her usual, sunshiny self and greeted me with a huge smile, and then I discovered her tooth a few minutes later. So, not even the pain of a new tooth will get her spirits down. No, she is still happy, but she has seemed a little more anxious this week, so I'm sure that her little gums are bothering her some.

This month, she also started eating her first solids, that being rice cereal. The first couple of times, she didn't really know what was going on, but she is getting the hang of it, I think. I may have ruined her for life, though, because I took them to Marble Slab on Tuesday, and Dane and I thought it would be a great idea to let Sydni try some, too. I wasn't sure how she would handle the cold, so I only gave her a tiny bit on the end of the spoon. She went nuts over it! So, her Uncle Shayne will hate that he missed her first Marble Slab experience. Every chance he gets, he tries to shove sweets in her mouth! Too bad she'll have to wait til next fall to get to share ice cream with her newly relocated Hawaiian uncle!
And, of course, she's still sucking that thumb! Lane caught her sucking her big toe earlier today, so I guess she's not that picky!

As usual, her smile is sweeter than ever, but it never gets old! Her personality is starting to come out, and I think that she's going to have a great, happy disposition to accompany that great grin! She adores her daddy and brother, and I guess her mother, too. It is so cute to watch her with Dane. He is always so busy, so it is a pretty tall order to expect him to slow down much to really get one-on-one with her, but he does pretty well at taking a few moments to play with her. A lot of the time, she just watches him and smiles eagerly, waiting for the moment when he will turn and acknowledge her - then she just wiggles and smiles even bigger at him! Dane is such a great big brother, and we talk a lot about his responsibility to protect her. I'm very proud of him and the adjustments that he's had to make these past five months. I'll end with a picture of my crazy kids!






2 comments:

The Timberframer's Wife said...

She favors you as a baby sooo much! We just can't look at her pictures without smiling. And that boy cracks us up, too. Love y'all!

AliciaG said...

What precious little kids. I love Sydni's big bright blue eyes! She seems like a really happy baby from all accounts. I am loving watching grown through your blog!
Merry Christmas to all of you!