Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a great Easter Sunday! We sure did. My parents drove down to go to church with us, stayed to watch the kids hunt eggs at church, and they treated us to lunch at The Jalapeno Tree, which was great! They got to stay for a little while, and then they drove on up to Texarkana to see the Fincher clan and to go to church with them that night.

I had so much fun getting Dane and Sydni all dressed up in their new Easter clothes. Every year growing up, my mother would make my and my sister's Easter dresses, and it was always so much fun to plan. Well, I did not inherit my mother's sewing skills, unfortunately, but I still get excited planning the kids' Easter outfits. I found the most beautiful dress on sale at Dillard's for Sydni. For some reason, which I can't figure out, they had an entire rack of spring dresses, regularly priced $40, on sale 40% off, which made it $24! I usually budget about $25 for their Easter outfits, so I got hers for $1 underbudget! The accountant in me just loves that! I found Dane some nice new khaki dress pants, a blue oxford dress shirt, and a pretty new green tie. I couldn't believe it when I bought him size 5 Slim dress pants this year! He's getting so tall! On the previous post, there is a picture of all of us at the Rangers game, and I couldn't believe how tall he looks in that picture. It's funny, as much as I have loved him at every stage and will miss things about each stage, I get so excited thinking about the fun stuff coming up in the next couple of years.

Anyway, of course, we were in a hurry getting ready for church, so we didn't have time to take pictures before we left. So, instead, I had to wait until after church, when Sydni was ready for a nap and Dane was hyped up on sugar, had lunch on his tie and shirt, was ready to play, and not ready to sit still and pose for a picture. I got him to pose for two, and then he was off to play. Oh well! Sydni, on the other hand, was a complete angel and I was able to get a lot of pictures of her. Unfortunately, I had my camera on the wrong setting, and most of the pictures turned out really fuzzy. I tried to play with them and doctor them up in Picasa, and they're a little better, but not as clear as I'd like. They're still sweet, though.

Hope you enjoy them, and I hope your Easter was as happy and blessed as ours was.

Here's Dane...




And, Sydni girl...





Winding down for her nap...


1 comment:

Alison said...

How precious!