Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Nice Texas Day!

Last weekend was the annual LTC conference for the kids in Dallas. Lane was heading up the Speech competition again this year, so he had to be out there on Thursday, a day earlier than the rest of the group. As it turned out, a couple at church had tickets through their work to the Texas Rangers game Thursday afternoon. They were so nice to give them to us. Dane had not been to a Rangers game yet, and he is the perfect age to go right now. So, he was very excited and made sure to bring his Rangers cap and his baseball glove.

There is a patch of bluebonnets growing in one of the flowerbeds in front of the church building, so since I had the kids dressed in red for the game, I thought it would be a good opportunity to get a few good shots in front of them before we left town. Well, it was just one of those days. Dane was acting goofy, and Sydni, who is usually the perfect little picture taker, decided to get really irritated and did everything but look at the camera. I actually did manage to get one really good one of Dane, though, and a lot of funny ones of Sydni. I'll have to try again next spring, I guess. I don't think I have it in me to try again this year!


This is the best one of the two of them that I could get. Dane's just being weird, and Sydni is actually yelling at me. She's started yelling when she's frustrated. It all started a couple of weeks ago, after Lane and I both would have to wrestle her down to give her two oral medicines, eyedrops, nasal drops and to use the nasal aspirator on her. Did I mention that was every 8 hours? It was terrible, and for about 5 minutes after we were done, she would randomly just scream at us like she was telling us just how mad she was at us! So sad, but a little funny, too!


And, here's Little Miss Photogenic...


A family photo in front of the Nolan Ryan statue




No comments: