Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!


We have been very busy during this past week, and unfortunately, a little under the weather, too. Last Wednesday, Dane and I started coughing and then proceeded to lose all of our ability to keep our noses from running out of control. We think it's allergies, but it's still no fun.

Anyway, we just kept trudging on...Thursday, Lane and I took Dane to stay with my parents for a few days while we went to Dallas for LTC. I felt horrible leaving Dane while he didn't feel well, but I checked with his dr. before we left, and they told me what to give him to help him out some. Of course, I knew that he would have a great time with Granna and Pa, so that helped to reassure me some.

Lane served as the Coordinator for the Speech event at LTC again this year, so we had to be there a day earlier than the rest of our group, since he had a meeting first thing Friday morning. Everything went great this year at the convention, and our kids that came did a fantastic job and behaved themselves so well. We were really proud of all of them. They really are a great group of kids.

Saturday evening, I headed back to Mama and Daddy's house, and Lane went back to Kilgore with our group. I decided that, since we were planning to come to lunch with my family after church anyway, it would just be easier to spend the night there and go to church in Daingerfield. It was nice to see everybody there, too.


Saturday night dyeing eggs - What Fun!


Lane made it over in time for lunch Sunday, and soon after, our good friends Christopher and Angela and their boys, Chase & new little Drew, came on over just in time for the 2nd Annual 2nd Generation Bowers/Mays Easter Egg Hunt. Us Bowers kids grew up with both Christopher and Angela, and it has been so special to see all of our kids enjoy being friends just like we do! Of course, Chris and Angela and the boys also go to church with us in Kilgore, so Dane and Chase have really become best friends, along with Winter, who completes the Trio. They're just so goofy!



Of course, the Easter Bunny left Dane some great goodies, including this chocolate Dude da' Bunny and also his very first "Swanky", which is Slinky in 2 yr. old East Texan language.



A moms and kids shot after church (Didn't Robyn do a great job making Mary Nan's and Laura's Easter dresses?)



Walking around before Easter lunch



Just the boys talking things over

J.J. likes to end his conversations with a kiss. This is a little weird for Dane, since he really doesn't like to kiss anybody. I'm sure J.J. will grow out of this someday, but for now, it is sweet.

Just a swingin'



My sweet little man!

Mary Nan and Laura, of course, are seasoned egg hunters, and they did very well in the hunt. J.J. enjoys the end result of the hunt, the candy, but he often loses sight of the goal during the hunt. We kept finding his basket deserted. It was really funny. I was so excited with Dane's hunting skills this year. Being the competitive person that I am, I was so proud to see him find so many eggs! As we were hiding them, Lane and Christopher got kinda tired of it, and one of them, I think it was Christopher, just dumped about 15 eggs down on the ground in a big pile and put a box over them. We considered that stash to be the jackpot, and much to my pleasure, Dane was the one to discover them! Yea!!! I know I shouldn't be so competitive - I'll have to work on that so that all of the other sports parents won't hate me someday!


We had a good time, and most importantly, we got to spend time with our family and friends. Too bad Joe David and Stefany couldn't make it this year - maybe next year they'll be able to come with little Jed, who will soon join the Bowers family in May!

I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend, too!

5 comments:

Joanna Ashlock said...

Hey there!! I'm glad to know you guys participated in LTC too. We had a couple of groups participate in chorus and won gold, I think.

Easter sounds like it was so much fun. Everyone looked so perfect. Miss you!

Jodi said...

Love the egg hunt stories and the pics! You guys seem to always have so much fun with those cousins!

I just read about the GIRL news! Yay! One of each... how perfect. Man, the "girl" bug is dangerous... there is WAY too much cute stuff to empty your bank account! But I love the purchases... you're gonna have so much fun!!! Congrats!

Melissa Taylor said...

Cute Easter pictures! Congrats on the girl - fun times (of course, we are entering puberty, so it can be challenging too)! We missed LTC this year because it was during spring break - too many people out of town for us to do convention events, but we still did a ton of pre-convention stuff. We sure missed it though.

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Great pictures! We sure had fun with y'all!

*Kendra* said...

Cute pictures!