Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Baby Nursery Pictures/My Great Find at Canton




This past week, I have really worked hard to get all of our overflow stuff out of our guest room, so that it can be transformed into our little girl's room! I finally found a room arrangement that I like that will also allow me to keep the queen size bed in the room for guests, too. I still need to paint flowers on the wall and hang new blinds and curtains, but other than that, the nursery is getting pretty close to being done. My goal is to have everything done by the end of May so that I'll have the last month and a half to be in full-time miserable mode!! :)

My friend Kristina and I went with our kids to Canton today. It was the perfect day to go - the weather was wonderful! It was pretty crowded, but we managed, and the kids were great. Dane had a near meltdown toward the end, but I think that was mainly because he's a boy and was sick and tired of looking at iron sculptures and little girl clothes and accessories. I feel bad that I never ventured out to find the guns that I had told him were at Canton. He did get a pretty cool toy snake, so I think he'll be OK.

I found a booth that personalized bags, bibs and such, so I bought our little girl, Sydni, a bib with her name on it. I think it is so cute. I guess that means that Lane and I are becoming more certain about her name. If not, I'll have wasted $10! We're pretty sure her full name will be Sydni Lee Brown. We just like the name Sydni, and the name Lee is special on both sides of our families. Lane's maternal grandmother's name was Lee, and my maternal grandfather's middle name was Lee. Two amazing people to share the name with.


3 comments:

The Timberframer's Wife said...

First, Laura says she loves you. Sydni's room looks so good! Granddaddy didn't know what a good deal he was getting 72 years ago, huh? Who knew they made convertible furniture in 1936? We love y'all and are ready to see you!

Billie said...

Mary, I love Sydni's room. Its so cute!!
I like the way you spelled her name. Dane will be a wonderful big brother. Give Dane a big hug and kiss for me.
We miss ya'll.

Alison said...

I love the name you have picked out. It is so cute!