Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fun at Granna & Pa's/East Texas Hot Air Balloons/One More Day!




Playing in the sprinkler at Granna and Pa's house


Putting on an amazing puppet show!




Dane and J.J. with their Woodys, a must-have toy for any 2 year old boy!



Last week, while Lane was gone on Trek, Dane and I spent most of the week at my parents' house. Needless to say, Dane was showered with lots of extra attention, and I was given lots of extra time for rest! The first part of the week, my mom had to work most of, but my dad was off Sunday and Monday, so we got to spend a lot of time with Pa, riding in his new truck and playing around the house. Wednesday through Friday, my mom was off, and Robyn and her kids came over to have some good cousin time together. Mainly, we spent most of the time in the pool. Dane and J.J. are avid cannon ballers, and it was so funny to watch them splash constantly. It was even a little funny how aggrevated Mary Nan and Laura would get at their constant splashing. There was a clear difference to be seen in how little girls and little boys like to enjoy their swim time! To their credit, the boys way did look like a lot more fun to me!

Three swim times in one day makes for a very fun day!

Lane returned home safely on Friday afternoon, and we basically lazed around for the remainder of that day, catching up on each other's weeks. Then, Saturday night, right at dusk, we headed over to the Gregg County Airport, to see a hot air balloon glow show. Mark Scirto, my trusty weatherman on KLTV 7, told us all about it, and since the airport is only about five miles from our house, we thought it would be fun to take Dane to go and see. During the day, they had an actual race with the hot air balloons, so this was the grand finale, I guess. Lane was a little disappointed that the balloons didn't actually fly around at the glow show, they just aired them up and lit them all at the same time. Considering Dane's 2 year old short attention span, it was probably best that they didn't fly around because he was ready to go after about 20 minutes anyway. The balloons were really pretty, though.


It looks like Dane is getting ready to pick a fight with someone in this picture.


Watching the hot air balloons!

Well, this will be my last blog before Sydni is born tomorrow afternoon. I can hardly believe that the time is finally here. Joe David and I discussed the other day how nine months is such an incredibly long time to have to wait for a baby. He said that he thought there should be a doctor out there that specializes in getting fully developed, big babies to be born in just six months.


We have a pretty big day planned before we have to be at the hospital. I get to eat a big breakfast tomorrow, as long as I have it eaten by 8:30, then nothing to eat or drink for the rest of the day. After breakfast, Lane will ceremonially shave his beard to reveal his amazing #1 Dad mustache. We will also have a ceremony to pin his "#1 Dad" pin on his shirt. It will be a very emotional time, I'm sure! For those of you who don't get what I'm talking about, I'll fill you in. When Lane and I attended childbirth classes when we were expecting Dane, we didn't learn much, but we did learn 2 very important things. They showed us several birth videos, which were all clearly made in the 80's. Well, two very important things stood out to both of us, and we made sure that we remembered them...#1 - All good new fathers have amazing mustaches, and...#2 - All good new fathers wear buttons on their shirts that say #1 Dad. Sure, you might say that the dads in those videos only had mustaches because they were from the 1980's, but we tend to believe that there was more significance to it than that. I mean, my dad didn't have a mustache in the 80's (granted, he couldn't grow one), but still, we don't think it was just a coincidence. So, we will make sure that Lane is completely prepared to welcome his new child into the world properly.


Lane and I have to report to the hospital at 2:00 tomorrow afternoon, so that I can get all of my lab work done. The c-section is scheduled for 5:00 p.m., so hopefully we'll have a sweet girl to hold shortly after that. We'll post lots of pictures tomorrow night, I'm sure! Please pray that everything will go well, and that Sydni will be healthy.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Can't wait to meet that sweet girl!

Joanna Ashlock said...

Oh, I know you're ready. I've been thinking of you this week. As long as you're feeling well, I'd like to come see you next weekend. We'll talk soon! Love you,
Joanna

Pam said...

What an exciting time! I will be thinking of you all. Pam Johnston

Melissa Taylor said...

Can't wait to see pictures of her - good luck.

Jodi said...

I can't wait for your great news! I know that whole "day of csection" thing is kinda surreal. Man, 5:00pm is crummy when you had to quit eating at 8:30! I would be quite the grumpy bear....

Anyways, best of luck! Also looking forward to mustache pics...