Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 20, 2008

You guessed it...More pictures!

This is Mary again, reporting back as primary blogger in the Brown family. This past week has been so wonderful, and we are so thankful to God for blessing us with our little ones, Dane and Sydni. We are especially grateful for all of the love, thoughts and prayers that have been lifted up on our behalf.

We were able to come home from the hospital Saturday after lunch, much to our relief. Everyone was so wonderful at the hospital, but there's nothing like being in your own home. Sydni has done great. She only lost 4.5 oz by the time we came home. She is eating well, and sleeping even better. I absolutely love that she is sleeping well - the only down side is that we don't get to see her pretty blue eyes very often. It's very exciting and precious when they do open, though.

I have to admit that I have probably gone a little overboard. So far, each day, I think that we have 4 to 5 wardrobe and accessory changes. I think that, maybe twice, the clothing change was absolutely necessary, all of the other times, all for fun! Lane's mom commented that I now have my own real-life dress up doll! I really hadn't realized how much fun that part of having a girl could be. I know that Dane will probably hate this story in a few years, but he has been so sweet during all of this week's events. Thursday, as we were passing the time waiting to get to go to the hospital, my mom and I decided to go ahead and make a bunch of little bitty hair bows, so that Sydni could have a bigger variety of hair accessories to choose from. Dane came over and grabbed the baby blue ribbon and said, "I'm going to make Baby Sydni a blue hair bow." It was so sweet.
Dane is going to be the best big brother, I think. I was really surprised at how loving and affectionate he was when he got to hold her. As a general rule, I usually have to wrestle him down to get him to hug me, but the second I put Sydni in his arms, he just started kissing her over and over again. This afternoon, while Sydni was napping in her bed, we had set up the video monitor to display on the TV, and Dane said that he was going back to check on her. We immediately emphasized that he needed to not talk when he went in there. So, over the monitor, we heard him walk in and say, "Hey, Baby Sydni." Then, he came back to report to us what happened and immediately turned around to go and check on her again. On this next visit with Sydni, we heard, "Hey, Baby Sydni, what's going on?" Then, we hear Sydni start to fuss a little, and Dane said, "Don't cry, Baby Sydni, it's OK. Don't cry". It was the sweetest thing. One more sweet Dane comment and I'll move on. As we were leaving the hospital and were about to get into the car, I had turned to the nurse and thanked her for everything everybody had done. Well, I then turned around to put Sydni into her car seat, and Dane was standing by my mom with the nurse, and said to her, "Thank you for taking care of my mom." Just one of those moments a mother will always cherish.
Anyway, we're all doing really well. I'm feeling pretty good and am able to get around and do most things that I need to do. I'm in some pain, but nothing that isn't easily managed with the pain medication, so that's nice.
These are just a few of my favorite pictures from the last few days. Hope you enjoy them!



Dane, in his BIG brother t-shirt, ready to head to the hospital.

Her first passy picture - I love how it takes up most of her face!

Love those legs and long, long toes!

The weird father...

But what a GREAT father!

Our first complete family picture! I love it!

All dressed up and ready to go home!

Back home in her bed with her new friend, Miss Monkey, who was a gift from Dane!

6 comments:

AliciaG said...

Awww...Mary...she is a doll. I have been watching your blog faithfully so I would know when she was born. I failed to check it on Saturday and yesterday and surprise! I find out today that she is here! What a precious little thing she is. How much did she weigh and how long was she? I may have missed that info in your blog b/c I was rushing through it to see all the pictures. Anyway, and am so thankful she is here and doing so well. I look forward to seeing her progress as you share it with us on your blog!
Hugs!

Rachel said...

Glad y'all are home! We can't wait to see her. I love all the pictures, esp. the weird dad one. I also love the sweet stories about Dane. What a great big brother he is! I hope Roselyn loves her little brother like that. See y'all soon.
Love,
Rachel

Alison said...

Mary...Sydni is adorable and I have tears in my eyes because Dane telling the nurse "thanks for taking care of my mom". How sweet! Congratulations to all!

Jodi said...

Sweet big brother stories! I can only hope my little squirt is as precious to her sibling!!! Congrats again... she is precious!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Oh how we love her! She is so beautiful and I'm so glad we have internet again!

Billie said...

Cute pics! Sydni is such a doll!
I'm sure you are going to enjoy dressing her up.
I love that green outfit on Syndi.
We look forward to seeing her soon.
Miss ya'll.