Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 04, 2008

Baby Shower & Another Long Week Ahead



I love this picture of Dane that I got of him today. He stays so busy these days, so it's getting harder and harder to get him to pose and smile for the camera. He complied today, and I love how he says "Cheese". He has made it a little more personal and says, "Cheese for Colby Jack!" Colby Jack is both his and my favorite kind of cheese, so I guess it just comes naturally to add it to the phrase!

Well, we're starting our third and final week of Lane being gone this summer. He left with the youth early this morning to go to Colorado for Wilderness Trek. I think that he is really excited about the trip. Please pray that they will have a safe and meaningful trip there and back. Once he returns home next Friday, we are considering ourselves home-free! We'll be within a week of Sydni coming then, so time will hopefully fly by! I really don't think that Sydni will decide to join us this week, but I will definitely be glad when Lane gets home and there's no possibility that he could miss her birth, especially since there's really not a way to get in touch with him while he's up in the mountains. Dane and I are still going to manage to have some fun this week, though. As an aside, just saying that we'll have fun makes me feel a little bit guilty and makes me laugh at the same time. Growing up, anytime we were doing something and going somewhere fun when my dad wasn't with us, my mother would always say, WITHOUT FAIL, that "We just can't have any fun without Daddy here". I always knew that she meant that she wished Daddy was with us and that we would have even more fun with him there, too. But, part of me also always felt like it was a little bit of a damper on any fun that we might possibly get to have. We always have to repeat that phrase to my mom to give her a hard time now. Anyway, to her credit, I now understand what she always meant because we miss Lane when he's gone, too. However, we are excited about our restful week ahead. Tomorrow, we'll head up to Mama and Daddy's house and will spend Sat. and Sun. nights there with them. Then, we'll come back home Monday afternoon so that C. John and Spanky don't have to be alone for too long at the house without us. Then, my mom will come Tuesday night and go with me Wed. for my dr. appointment. Then, we'll go back to my parents' house and spend Wed. and Thurs. nights there and come back Friday in time for Lane to get home! So, it seems like the week will take forever to pass, but I know that we will have so much fun at Mama and Daddy's, and I know that Dane will eat up all of the extra attention that they will give him.

It's taken me a while to get this posted, but last month, our church family here in Kilgore was so wonderful to us and threw us a baby shower. I was completely overwhelmed by all of the generosity and warm wishes given to us. We are truly blessed to be a part of such a loving and encouraging group of Christians. I have officially moved into the phase of my pregnancy when I can't stand to see myself in pictures, so I am only posting the few that I can stomach looking at. My favorite is the one of my mom and I laughing at something. I wish it wasn't blurry, but I still like it!

5 comments:

AliciaG said...

Hey Mary! I love reading your posts. I can just hear you saying everything you write. And the picture of your Mom and your laughing brings a smile to my face and I think I can faintly hear the two of you giggling. Enjoy this week while Lane is gone. I know you will miss him but it sounds like you and Dane will have a fun week spending it with Nancy and Joe. I am praying for you as you near the end of your pregnancy. Sydni will be here before you know it!
Hugs to all of you!
Alicia

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to meet new cousin Sydni! Hang in there Mary!

Stef and Jed

Joanna Ashlock said...

Hey! I've been thinking of you this week. I know you are so ready for her to come.

Our group is off to Trek this week too. I wonder if they will cross paths...

Billie said...

We can't wait to meet our little neice!! I'm so excited for ya'll.
Its about time, there is another girl in the Brown family.. LOL!
See you soon!
We miss ya'll!
I hope the group is enjoying Trek.

Melissa Taylor said...

What a special time for you - I'm so glad you're nearing the end of your pregnancy, and it seems like you are all ready for the new arrival.