Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Autobots! Transform and Roll Out!



We found Dane's Halloween costume in his size today, so we went ahead and got it. Naturally, he is going to be the Transformer, Optimus Prime, the leader of the Autobots. Dane has developed a healthy obsession with Transformers, as of late. The reason that I say it's a "healthy" obsession is because he does prefer the Autobots (the good guys) over the Decepticons (the bad guys). If it were the other way around, I would say otherwise. Anyway, he loves it so much that he has given all four of us Transformer names: Dane is Hot Shot, Lane is Megatron, I am Starscream, and Sydni is Bumble Bee. For the most part, the only times I get called Mom or Mommy these days are when he is tired, hurt or upset. Otherwise, I usually hear, in a very tough little boy voice, "Hey Starscream...", and I usually respond, "What's up, Hot Shot." I think it's so funny, and it makes me feel a little edgy, since Starscream is actually a bad guy! I have a feeling, though, that we all might keep on calling Sydni "Bumble Bee". It's just so cute, and she makes a great little Bumble Bee.



Well, after Small Groups tonight, he put the costume on and wore it around the house. After a while, he asked if he could watch his Transformers video in his playroom. It seemed like the right thing for him to watch, considering his current attire, so I said OK. After I finished feeding Sydni her bottle, I was heading back to change her diaper and get her ready for bed, and Lane asked me what Dane was doing. I checked in on him, and this is what I found...he had fallen asleep, mask and all!



OK, now's it's morning, and Dane, first thing, wanted me to help him put his costume back on. Then, I showed him the blog so he could see himself asleep in it. We decided we'd better take some awake pictures, too, so here he is all decked out again and fully awake!


No comments: