Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 08, 2007

A Great Trip to Colorado








This past week, we went to Colorado for the Annual National Conference of Youth Ministries, held this year in Colorado Springs, Colorado. It was a great conference, and we are grateful that we had the opportunity to go. We both got to attend some great classes and to enjoy meeting new people and seeing old friends, too. Dane went with us, and he was so good. I know the long trip in the car wasn't the most fun thing for him, but he really did well!

On our first morning at the resort, I opened the curtains to our balcony, and I couldn't believe that there was a deer laying down about 3 feet away from it. It stayed there for over an hour after that, and we were even able to walk out and take pictures up close. It was so neat! Another highlight of the trip was that Dane got to go to his first Acappella concert Thursday night! He was really captivated (as we all were), but then he was fast asleep after about 10 minutes.

I wish that I could have gotten a picture of he and Lane Thursday afternoon, when we all bundled up to walk around and play in the snow. Lane kept throwing snowballs right at the front of Dane's coat, and Dane would just squeal like he was saying, "Ah Dad, you got me again!" It was so great.

We had a great trip and we are still trying to recover from driving through the night Friday night to get back home. Unfortunately, all three of us are sick. I think that Dane and I are on the mend, but Lane's still pretty sick. We all just had way too much fun, I guess!

I hope you all are having a great Monday!

3 comments:

Billie said...

Colorado looks so beautiful! I'm glad ya'll had a great time & returned home safely. Dane looks like he enjoyed being in the snow. I can imagine him being hit by snowballs & squealing. He is so cute!! The snow makes me miss WA.
The snow was beautiful there too. I can't wait to babysit Dane next week. See ya then.

The Timberframer's Wife said...

We are sure looking forward to spending time with y'all this weekend! I love all the pictures!

Pearson Family said...

Looks like so much fun...brings back some Colorado memories of my own...I am going to look for those pictures! We had so much fun!