Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 15, 2007

This is right before I broke my camera!!!

Watching his favorite show - Clifford!

More Clifford!


Cleaning out the fish pond!



I am very frustrated tonight because I dropped my camera this afternoon and completely destroyed it! We thought it would be fun to get all bundled up and walk out in the back yard to see how the fish in our koi pond were making it in this cold, icy weather. Well, Dane, with cleaning on the brain, immediately went for Lane's cleaning net. Even in frozen conditions, he wants everything to look just right. I hope this attitude toward household cleaning will continue throughout his life (for both my and his future wife's sakes).

Anyway, as soon as I took these pictures, Dane walked away and tripped (not in the water). As I bent down to pick him up, my camera fell on the rocks and totally bent the zoom/focus thing. You know, the thing that goes in and out (that's the technical term, I think). It has been such a good camera for over 3 years, so I will be observing a period of mourning over its loss. Oh, well, life goes on, I guess.

So, this may be my last blog for a while, until we can get a new one. I guess I can try one of those disposable digital cameras and see how they work.

Well, hope you're all doing well. Have a great night!

1 comment:

The Timberframer's Wife said...

So sorry about your camera. I dropped ours not long ago and it took part of one of the covers (what snaps over the memory card) off. Our family does not have a great history with cameras, anyway. There's the one Joe David sent over the world's largest waterfall--probably the most obvious example of camera neglect we've got among us.