Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 26, 2007

We're moving up to the next level in cleaning

Today, Dane undertook a wonderful, new challenge. I was cleaning up a bit, and I got the vacuum cleaner out to vacuum the dining room. These days, he follows me from room to room and critiques my every move with this machine. This afternoon was no exception. So, I thought, since today he turned 15 months old, he is ready to learn how to operate the big vacuum. He can already knock it over and pick it back up on his own, so I felt he was ready. So, we sat down in the floor, and I showed him the On/Off switch (which he understood) and the pedal that allows the handle to move down (he doesn't understand that part yet). Then, we turned it on and he moved around behind it and helped me push it forward. Once we got to the other end of the room, he would reach up and turn it off and we would back it up and start a new strip of carpet. We clapped after each time and finished about half the room. It was so much fun, and I have to admit, I was really touched by his dedication to the job. He's a good man and will make such a great substitute janitor in college, just like his dad was!

I just hated that I didn't have my camera to capture the moment. I'm just gonna have to do something about that!

1 comment:

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Great news about the in-home cleaning crew you are raising! We sure are ready to see y'all soon!