Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I think I'm finally finished with Sydni's room!

I think that I am officially done with Sydni's nursery, as of today! I had mostly finished all of the painting and decorating last week, but a couple of things still HAD to be taken care of. I had been putting them off because they're not necessarily fun.


The furniture that I am using in her room, the dresser, chest and guest bed, are all from my grandparents. They bought the set when they got married in 1936 from Sears for $35, and the shipping label is still on the back of the dresser, which I have always thought was very neat. After they passed away, I inherited the set, and it really is one of my most valued material possessions. That's yet another reason why I am so excited that we're having a girl, so that I can pass this furniture on to her, too. Anyway, over the years, especially through all of the moves we've made, the dresser drawers had really gotten messed up and needed to be repaired (not to mention, cleaned out). So, I emptied all of our overflow stuff (mainly junk) out of them and got them put back together where they're sturdy again. I am really excited to have that done because I was finally able to fill them today with what will be their contents for at least a couple of years...diapers, wipes, etc.!


The other task I had been putting off was to figure out what to do about the unpainted ring around the top of the ceiling fan. When we painted the rooms when we moved in, we didn't paint the ceilings (I don't know why), and when we put up the new ceiling fan, there was this unsightly ring around the fan mount, and it has driven me crazy ever since. Well, I decided to paint a flower around the ceiling fan to disguise that awful ring. It's not perfect, but I think it looks so much better than before. By the way, it is extremely difficult to paint a flower on a ceiling while 33 1/2 weeks pregnant. Difficult, but it can be done!


Anyway, I just thought that I would share some pictures of the finished product with you. I'm so glad to have it done, and I really hope that Sydni will like it for at least a few years.



7 comments:

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Looks so good! Now you can just enjoy imagining her in it!

Alison said...

Mary...that room is too cute!

Melissa Taylor said...

Very cute - I miss that stage of life when we were preparing for a new baby. The room looks beautiful as will your daughter, no doubt.

Jodi said...

It looks GREAT! I am so impressed... LOVE the flowers.

Billie said...

Mary, I love Sydni's room.
It looks so cute!!

I will see you soon.

AliciaG said...

Mary,
I love little Sydni's room. You did a terrific job and the flower on the ceiling to cover the "unsightly circle" was ingenious! Now just take it easy until she gets here. I know she will love her room!

Joanna Ashlock said...

Her room looks great! I love the flower you painted on the ceiling. We have one of those unsightly discolorations on our livingroom ceiling for the very same reason. I don't think I should paint a flower on there though :) You are always so creative with the way you decorate your rooms!

Thanks for the encouragement on my project too! We started texturing today and at least this part is easier than the wallpaper. Just messy! Ok, what color red did you pick? It's so hard to make sure we are getting the right deep red. And, a friend of mine wants to do her room with an accent wall of red but isn't sure. Maybe if she uses the same color...

Love ya,
Joanna