Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 14, 2008

New Fashion Statement for Church Tomorrow! Yea!



I am so excited (not really) about my new fashion accessories for the next few weeks! You may be able to tell from the picture above exactly what my life is like at 34 weeks pregnant chasing around a very swift 2 1/2 year old. OK, it's really not all because of that, but mostly, I'd say. This morning, as I got all of my gear on to survive the day, this question popped into my mind, "How can I pull this look off tomorrow at church?" I haven't really come up with a good solution yet, but I'm working on it.


If you will remember my acrobatic fall on our vacation last summer where I sprained my ankle (see picture above), then you will understand my situation a bit better. I come from a family who, not only has strong tendencies to trip and fall frequently (Robyn seems to be the best at that, we think), but we also have extremely weak ankles (I think this is one of the reasons Joe David was attracted to Stefany - she's got them, too). So, we tend to injure our ankles a lot. Anyway, my ankle was doing fine until this week, and it really started swelling again pretty badly. So, my theory is that I started favoring it and putting more weight on my left leg, which is causing some nerve pain below my knee. On top of that, my daughter decided to have a growth spurt this week, which added a little more strain to my joints. So, long story short, it's really not that bad - mainly I've just decided that it's now time for me to start to kick back for the next 4 1/2 weeks and stop trying to run as fast as Dane all the time. I really can't stand moving around slowly - it's been one of my goals in life to get places as quickly and efficiently as possible, and slowness absolutely drives me bananas. But I guess I can do it for a few weeks.


Anyway, back to my point, I realized yesterday that the best pair of shoes for me to wear to help with the impact on my joints are my Nikes. They really do make all the difference. Well, I looked down and laughed about how an outfit for church would look if I wore them with all of my braces and supports! What makes it even better, and you can't see this in the picture, is the wonderful menthol odor emitting from my knee from the Icy Hot knee sleeve under the knee brace. With it on, I won't even have to wear any perfume to church at all! It makes me laugh thinking about all of the people sitting by us at church trying to figure out where the BenGay smell is coming from.


I won't really wear all of this getup to church. I'm sure I can survive without it for a few hours. I just thought it would be funny!


1 comment:

AliciaG said...

LOL...Mary, you are a hoot! I can definitely understand your goal in life to get to places as quickly and efficiently as possible. Moving slow is not in my vocabulary and it drives me crazy as well, for people to meander along especially when I am behind them! at Walmart, or in the mall. I had to laugh thinkin about you sitting in church with the knee brace on and the bengay smell pungent in the area around you. LOL I imagine that would make for some unusual looks on people's faces near you. Anyway, I hope the next few weeks will be a good time of rest for you and do attempt to move a little slower so you will not have to deal with the purple ankles and aching knee.
Love ya!
Alicia