Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 23, 2008

My Week So Far

For the last two days, I have been trying to remember what in the world I did with my free time before Dane came around. Well, if I recall correctly, a lot of that time was spent in a Dallas highrise with my trusty 10-key calculator, pondering the world of debits and credits (which I truly do love, no joke!). Lane and I also spent a lot of time eating out, which I also dearly love. And, I probably spent a lot of time shopping, too (which I'm trying to avoid doing this week). This week, Lane and Dane are both gone to Harding University for a youth camp called Uplift. Lane had told me a couple of months back that he wanted to take Dane on this trip with him, so that I could have a week to rest and finish up any pending baby projects before Sydni comes. He also informed me last week before they left, that he and Dane would be going on their "Baby Moon", or their last hoorah together before the boy to girl ratio in our family is put into balance! I had told him that if he changed his mind at the last minute, that would be OK, but those boys were ready for their time together, I think.

My boy is getting bigger and bigger every day, and it was so much fun getting all of his stuff packed up for his big vacation! After I finished packing everything, I called Dane in there for me to show him where everything was in each bag, so that he could help his dad out in case Lane couldn't find something. He helped me pack a toy bag, with all of his most essential toys. Then, he really cracked me up when he started exactly repeating back to me all of the contents of his snack bag.

When the group left Saturday morning, Lane called everybody together for a prayer and after that, told them to load up in the van. Well, it was a bittersweet mom moment for me because Dane was on the other side of the church van from me, and he yelled out, "Bye, Mom, see ya later!". Of course, I stole several hugs and kisses from him once I got him all buckled in, but it really did strike me at how fast he is growing up! I know that some of you may disagree, but I am so proud that he is my son, and I always tell him that he is the "best boy EVER". That's yet another reason why I'm so glad we're having a girl because now I'll have both the best boy and the best girl ever!

The boys have checked in several times so far this week, and it really sounds like they're having a great time. Dane did get extremely offended Sunday after lunch, however, at several squirrels on campus. Lane said that Dane really wanted to play with these squirrels, and of course, they ran away from him immediately. When they did, Dane said, "Well, that wasn't very nice!" And then Lane said that Dane proceeded to chase them around yelling at them, and then the whole ordeal ending with Dane throwing his sunglasses at the squirrels! Other than that, Dane's really enjoying his first experience with dorm life, and Lane says that he has a hard time getting Dane to leave the room. This does worry me a little bit, as I think ahead to the type of college student he might be - never going to class and always hanging out in his dorm room.

Anyway, I can't wait for them to come home Thursday! I'm hoping that Lane will have taken lots of pictures that I can post here later.


Oh yeah! Big news! Last night, I went to my parents' house to go to church with them and spend the night. Well, Daddy's been looking at buying a new truck lately, and I got to go with him this morning to get his brand new Toyota Tundra! I am so excited for him! This is his first brand new truck, and I'm so proud that he got to get it! All my life, and I'm sure before I was even around, he has always put us before himself, and I know, has sacrificed doing things for himself so that he could do things for us. So, I'm so glad that he finally got to do this! If anybody deserves a new truck, Joe Bowers does! Of course, the whole time we were looking the truck over, he kept saying, "Don't you think Mama will like this?", and he's even told her that she can take it down to San Antonio to Joe David's house later this week. So, even with his new toy, he's completely being his unselfish self. Here's a picture of one like he got.


1 comment:

AliciaG said...

Oh, Norman is going to be so envious of Joe getting this type truck. That is Norman's dream truck too. Maybe someday he can get him one also! Good to read all you are doing while waiting on Sydni to come. I love getting to know all that is going on in your families through your blogs. It helps to keep us connected even though we do not get to see each other in person as much as we would like.
Hugs!